Pollution at the Bazaar

Pollution at the Bazaar
Greetings from the other side

Friday, December 10, 2010

Mosque

We went in a mosque where I borrowed a flowered chador to wear inside. The women have a separate entrance and their own room in the back but we had to hear what was going on through the wall. Because of the government being an Islamic theocracy, there is gender apartheid in many public places. I spent most of my time with women while I was there.
A lot of my relatives I spent time with in Iran were religious Muslims. They pray 5 times a day and the women cover up when a man comes in the room who is not a close relative. First cousins marry often in my family so even when my cousins would come around, for the most part I would have to cover up.






No comments:

Post a Comment