Pollution at the Bazaar

Pollution at the Bazaar
Greetings from the other side

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Sights Sounds and Smells

The pollution, which smells like diesel fumes, gives people sore throats and headaches and a particular Tehran cough. I wore a mask when I didn't feel well. The sounds were mostly traffic honking and sometimes a loud speaker. As for sights, I really liked the public art works of murals and mosaics on the side of the highways.






I saw a lot of images of martyrs killed during the Iran/Iraq War. I also images of the mullahs in power on the sides of buildings. President Ahmedinejad was not pictured that much, I guess since the mullahs are really the ones in power. Politics were often a big topic of conversation in the taxi cabs and at gatherings.






No comments:

Post a Comment