Pollution at the Bazaar

Pollution at the Bazaar
Greetings from the other side

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Shah's Palace with Yassi's family

I spent a fun day at the Shah's palaces with Yassi's family. I saw the boots remaining from the big statue of the Shah which was cut down after the revolution. These second cousins on my Grandmother's side were among the most secular members of my family that I met there. Yassi and I shared a "look-ma-no-scarf" moment outside the palace. (it is illegal for women not to wear head covering in public)


Lila and I hanging out at the boots.


Yassi and I letting our hair out.


Yassi's daughters Newsha and Lila with their friend Natasha.


This is Yassi with her father Massoud, who is my father's first cousin. Massoud and my father grew up together.

This is a room in one of the Shah's palaces. The place didn't seem too well kept up since I could still feel some resentment against the Shah's decadence.

No comments:

Post a Comment